UCLQ: Quantum Science and Technology Institute is organising undergraduate summer school in “Quantum Technologies” from 4th to 8th September. This course is aimed at undergraduates, primarily from an engineering and computer science background, who want to learn more about quantum technologies, including quantum computing and quantum communication.
- Basic concepts in quantum mechanics
- Quantum computing and qubits
- Quantum algorithms and quantum computer architectures
- Quantum cryptography and quantum communication
- Leading technology platforms for quantum computers
- Programming a small-scale quantum processor
- Nanofabrication in a cleanroom
- Measuring quantum devices at cryogenic temperatures
The course fees for the programme and accommodation will be paid for by the Engineering and Physical Research Council (EPSRC).Accommodation close to UCL will be provided to all attendees for 3-8th September (5 nights).
Application deadlineL: 1 July 2017